Wednesday, December 29, 2010

my thoughts & TED talk...The Power of Vulnerability.

I recently had a friend tag me in some college freshmen photos... if you ever wonder how much you have changed in a five years time, look back at photos. They speak volumes. I grew up not knowing who I was and did most of my growing in college. It shows. These pictures are not "embarrassing" per say in the way you would hide them from my parents, but it did show a side of me that I have been trying to forget. I wasn't very pretty, little to no confidence, I was awkward, geeky, insecure, shy... I could go on.

The reason why I bring this up is because I didn't "un-tag" myself... even though I want to, I can't pretend that wasn't who I was. I shouldn't be ashamed ( I am trying not to)... I can look in the mirror now and clearly see that I have changed; and for the better. I have confidence and have learned how to take care of myself. Those pictures show progress, SO MUCH progress. And a great reminder that I had/have some pretty great friends at my side.

What I am trying to say is, I am proud that I left the photos up there. I shouldn't be ashamed of who I was. Or who I am.

I listened to this TED talk the other day ... (by the way, did I tell you today was my last day of work? Whatever happens remember that I am making paper dolls. ) ANYWAY...I think this talk that I listened to made me brave(er).... Listen...I love it!

Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

Please leave a comment :) Have a wonderful day, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment