Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a slow awakening


[a slow awakening]
I drew this image the moment I woke up today, below is a description I wrote next to the sketch:

"The day after I quit my job on a sales floor selling furniture; I quit so that I could have time to be an artist. It is one of the bravest things I have ever done- to give up a security for a passion. Wakening slowly, the thoughts of what I will now have to do (with my life) to reach my goal as an artist now begins to flood my mind. They (the thoughts) become *more solid, more real. There is a white space between the blanket and the girl, that blank space is faith- facing the fear of the unknown, trusting in me, and my God."
*quilt is the represented as the mind's understanding/space between dreaming and reality, wish and a goal. The solidness of the blocks is the reality that this is all possible.

(The final will be in fabric and paper)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love it and even more after reading the description. I wish you the best in all your do.

    Sincerely,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete